TimeLines (BotCon) 2013 discussion

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
andersonh1

Re: TimeLines (BotCon) 2013 discussion

Post by andersonh1 »

I just wish they'd move Botcon back to the southeast for a year or two. There's no way I can go when it's in California and I live in SC. I made it to the one in Durham NC in 2001, and then in Fort Wayne in 2002 only because my wife and I were in Indiana visiting friends on the same weekend before driving to visit family in Ohio. I wouldn't have gone that far otherwise. I thought both were a lot of fun, and I'd enjoy going again.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:I just wish they'd move Botcon back to the southeast for a year or two. There's no way I can go when it's in California and I live in SC. I made it to the one in Durham NC in 2001, and then in Fort Wayne in 2002 only because my wife and I were in Indiana visiting friends on the same weekend before driving to visit family in Ohio. I wouldn't have gone that far otherwise. I thought both were a lot of fun, and I'd enjoy going again.
I think New Jersey is a perfect state to hold a Botcon convention. Due to New Jersey being labeled as one of the top places where conventions take place. Their are a lot of cool locations they could hold Botcon in NJ,Like Atlantic city,near the amusement parks,maybe in a sports stadium,etc. NJ gets bonus points for offering decent rates for hotels.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:You had to take a fire safety video and a waiver, but none of those are bulletproof so the con organizers generally will weigh the risks and just use the on-site staff usually because if you get fucked up, it's really their ass. Plus, what, you're so broke you're going to have to volunteer to get in the door, but you can magically pay for a new projector if you break it?
I dunno; stuff like that rarely happens anyway. And I can pay my way into MAGFest just fine! I only volunteered because I wanted to run Jamspace, because Jamspace sucks after the last couple years and is in serious need of help.
But you have to be in Pittsburgh.
Better Pittsburgh than Philipsburg, the most depressing town ever.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:I just wish they'd move Botcon back to the southeast for a year or two. There's no way I can go when it's in California and I live in SC. I made it to the one in Durham NC in 2001, and then in Fort Wayne in 2002 only because my wife and I were in Indiana visiting friends on the same weekend before driving to visit family in Ohio. I wouldn't have gone that far otherwise. I thought both were a lot of fun, and I'd enjoy going again.
Last year's was in Dallas, that's south and east-ish. My guess is next year's will be in the LA area for the new movie, perhaps Pasadena again - people seemed to dig it, it was classy.

Osix wrote:I dunno; stuff like that rarely happens anyway. And I can pay my way into MAGFest just fine! I only volunteered because I wanted to run Jamspace, because Jamspace sucks after the last couple years and is in serious need of help.
I've seen a lot of projectors break at conventions. A LOT.
Better Pittsburgh than Philipsburg, the most depressing town ever.
Is it really helpful to have lists of places worse than Pittsburgh though? Flint, MI.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

NYC Manhattan has this Bigapple comics convention,I often attend. It usually takes place in one of those old gigantic catholic churches. The admission fees is decent & low. Everytime,I go,I see a whole bunch of celebrity guest like WWE Wrestlers,playboy models,comics/cartoons writers/artist. I've also seen several actors signing autographs like various Star trek actors. The dealers bring a decent selection of mixed items,which include TF toys. Even though the theme is mixed,It's heavily dominated by super heroes items for sale.