TFCC Subscription Service

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: TFCC Subscription Service

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:LIke I said, it is not that I am against Action Masters. I just do not get the fixation that the Fan Club has on them.
It makes sense--Action Masters had a good helping of original characters whose only toys were non-transforming figures. They're an ideal candidate.
BWprowl wrote:I stupidly assumed he would be the first, since he was shown first, but you’re right, they might hold him back just to ensure people ride out their subscription.
You're also stupidly assuming he was shown first--he actually wasn't. Live reports from the panel and galleries and such actually show that the order is Breakdown, Jackpot, and then Scourge. News sites just put Scourge up as the main pic for all the news stories because that's the only one people actually care about.
I admit, being able to legitimately crap all over the Club Magazine and Willis once every couple of months does have a certain appeal. Is the included comic series still as awesomely, hilariously awful as ‘Balancing Act’ was back in the day?
Pretty much. I was part of the club for a year (I wanted Speedbreaker, damn it) and it was just...constantly not very good. I stopped even bothering to read the comics in it after a few months, and pretty much gave up on even trying to find any amount of entertainment from it after six or so. The straw that broke the camel's back in my interest was when a "magazine" (read: comic-sized rag) with Michael Bay's ugly mug showed up in my mailbox.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Why would Bay being on the cover be such an issue?

Hmm....I am almost tempted to join up for the minimum run, get my Breakdown, and then sell Jackpot and the freebie figure.

The more I hear about MasterCollector and Brian Savage, the more they sound like the TF/GI Joe equivalent of MattyCollector and ToyGuru.
Not quite. Mattel's actions actually make me wonder if somebody working for the company might actually be trying to kill the "Masters of the Universe" brand. All available evidence would indicate that, despite it making no economic sense.

In contrast, Brian Savage's actions make perfect sense. He wants to spend as little as possible while making as much as possible. Yes, charging $5 for an extra piece like Soundwave's bandana is under-handed. Yes, Savage is a gouger. Yes, Savage goes cheap with vital infrastructure like his web-site which causes all manner of problems. But, none of those problems cost him more than he makes. (The security problems with the club's web page were not worth fixing until something went wrong. Classic "game theory" risk assessment.)

Dom
-has heard all manner of interesting things about the comic....
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:Why would Bay being on the cover be such an issue?
To a rational person, probably nothing. However, I want to punch Michael Bay in his stupid face. (Not necessarily for "raping my childhood" or any such nonsense. I just think he has a very punchable face.)
Hmm....I am almost tempted to join up for the minimum run, get my Breakdown, and then sell Jackpot and the freebie figure.
I don't think it works that way. I think you still have to pay for the latter two installments--choosing not to do so would probably end badly for you. (Realistically, they probably wouldn't do more than cancel your membership, and possibly refuse to serve you ever again. At worst, they might send a debt collection agency for the remaining amount.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:Why would Bay being on the cover be such an issue?
To a rational person, probably nothing. However, I want to punch Michael Bay in his stupid face. (Not necessarily for "raping my childhood" or any such nonsense. I just think he has a very punchable face.)
I don't think it works that way. I think you still have to pay for the latter two installments--choosing not to do so would probably end badly for you. (Realistically, they probably wouldn't do more than cancel your membership, and possibly refuse to serve you ever again. At worst, they might send a debt collection agency for the remaining amount.)
Hehehe, yeah, him and Ashton Kutcher. I wanna punch that guy in the face.

I'm stuck with the Mattel MOTU sub for this year. The problem is that once you sign up, you're probably stuck with it and can't cancel. With the MOTU subs this is how it works. The only way to get it to stop is to lie to your bank and tell them your debit/credit card was stolen so they issue a new one with a new number. Which then causes the Mattel autopay to get rejected which cancels the sub. So yeah, once you sign up, you're in for the long haul.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

No way to tell the bank to simply deny the payments? Huh.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Nope. Wells Fargo wouldn't do it. Bastards. So I'm basically forced to buy a He-Man toy every month. So far, I've just been turning around and putting them immediately on ebay but I'm about two months behind.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Nope. Wells Fargo wouldn't do it. Bastards. So I'm basically forced to buy a He-Man toy every month. So far, I've just been turning around and putting them immediately on ebay but I'm about two months behind.
Damn, that does suck. And in a little while here you'll be forced to buy ToyGuru's crappy fan-character, which I imagine will be considerably harder to get rid of through eBay. That's a burn.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It won't be any harder than the rest, it'll just go for less. But I can still get rid of it. And, at least I missed Mighty Spector.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:It won't be any harder than the rest, it'll just go for less. But I can still get rid of it. And, at least I missed Mighty Spector.
Spector's the one I was talking about, that ToyGuru guy's crappy fan-character. Who did you think I was talking about?