"Infestation 2"

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

"Infestation 2"

Post by Dominic »

I flipped through, but did not buy, the first issue today.

It is more or less the same thing as last year's crap-fest. Monsters break through a dimensional barrier. (This year, it is a Lovecraftian slug.) Characters from one of IDW's in-house properties try to deal with the problem, and things go poorly. As was the case last year, a member of the team of co-opted by the bad guys, and a bunch of shit happens. The monsters jump dimensions to meet Transformers, Ninja Turtles, GI Joes and some other guys (including characters from at least one other in-house IDW property).

I learned my lesson last year, and will be skipping this. But, I will likely be posting flip-through reviews.

Dom'
-knowing that Dixon is writing the TF portion is not exacly a selling point.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: "Infestation 2"

Post by Gomess »

Sure hope that eldritch horror doesn't get its spoogey tentacles on IDW's own Suicide Girls!!!11!1

Also gotta give them props for the title. That "2" on the end there. Nice job.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Honestly, I am not completely sure of the title. I think there is a "2" in there. But, I cannot be bothered to check. (Seriously, this book is going to suck.)

Dom
-not sure what Gomess has against "Suicide Girls". (Not a fan myself, but Gomess is fixin' to give 'em a shove off the ledge.)
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Well geez, it was just a callback to making fun of the comic in the other thread. No ledge-shoving as far as I'm concerned.

And if I'm making fun of anything, it's the *comic*. Not the ladies themselves.

Because a cheesecakey comic based on glamour photography is the kind of idea that deserves to be made fun of.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ah. I see.

And, yeah, cheese-cakey comics are weird enough. But, a cheese-cakey comic....based on cheese-cakey models is just kind of redundant.

But, you know what? I would be more willing to pick up a "Suicide Girls" comic than "Infestation".

Dom
-because it would probably not be worse.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

The art was ok at least.

And.. it's actually a better basic concept than Infestation.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I wanna get the TMNT one.

Funfact: I originally thought the Infestation art had Shredder at the top, not Optimus Prime.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Y’know, it sucks, because under normal, non-stupid-crossover circumstances, ‘Transformers vs Cthulhu’ could actually be a cool idea. It’d be interesting to see a story with TFs dealing with some sort of apparently-legitimate supernatural threat, with some guys freaking out while guys like Prowl and Jetfire try to deny and rationalize things. And then they catch the monster, pull off the mask, and it turns out it was old man Alpha Trion the whole time! He was trying to keep people off of the planet’s land while he cultivated it to be habitable again so native Cybertronians could return, and he would’ve gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling Autobots!

…I think I got off track somewhere.

Anyway, considering that the last ‘Infestation: Transformers’ series was a 2-issue miniseries that I dropped after the first issue, I’m not feeling particularly compelled to pick this new one up. I dunno, the patch that came with that first issue of the first TF series was neat, but I don’t know that some temporary tattoos would be as enjoyable.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:Y’know, it sucks, because under normal, non-stupid-crossover circumstances, ‘Transformers vs Cthulhu’ could actually be a cool idea. It’d be interesting to see a story with TFs dealing with some sort of apparently-legitimate supernatural threat, with some guys freaking out while guys like Prowl and Jetfire try to deny and rationalize things. And then they catch the monster, pull off the mask, and it turns out it was old man Alpha Trion the whole time! He was trying to keep people off of the planet’s land while he cultivated it to be habitable again so native Cybertronians could return, and he would’ve gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling Autobots!
:lol: And then A3 Transforms into the Mystery Machine and drives off!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I'd rather read a funny Transformers book than a... not funny one...