Energon discussion thread (spoilers)

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Energon discussion thread (spoilers)

Post by Shockwave »

Yup, got through the whole thing again and generally I do like it, but there were a few annoyances. Sorry Prowl, but Kicker irritates me to no end (mostly because of his Miko level suicidal desire to do stupid stuff that will likely get him stepped on) and the Autobots' tendancy to stand around talking forever about what they're gonna do before they do it. Other than that, I liked it.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:mostly because of his Miko level suicidal desire to do stupid stuff that will likely get him stepped on
At least with Kicker if feels like there is a reason for it, having spent his childhood being thrown into dangerous places as a living energon detector.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Shockwave wrote:mostly because of his Miko level suicidal desire to do stupid stuff that will likely get him stepped on
At least with Kicker if feels like there is a reason for it, having spent his childhood being thrown into dangerous places as a living energon detector.
This. Like I've said before, the reason I like Kicker is because he felt like a legitimate member of the Autobot force, compensating for his squishiness with stat-boosting armor and weapons and generally getting to the point where he was treated like a member of the team. This is as opposed to...oh, just about every other human in TF up to that point (bar Masterforce), who mainly spent their time running headfirst into the action without a plan or so much as a helmet on, and acting like their gutsy spirit and annoying catchphrases would be enough to help in the battle against evil, and being treated as little more than a tagalong. Optimus actually gave Kicker orders regarding his role in battle and the like, it was great.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

BWprowl wrote:without so much as a helmet on
Now hold on, that was the one thing Spike got RIGHT most of the time! =p
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Shockwave wrote:Yup, got through the whole thing again and generally I do like it, but there were a few annoyances. Sorry Prowl, but Kicker irritates me to no end (mostly because of his Miko level suicidal desire to do stupid stuff that will likely get him stepped on) and the Autobots' tendancy to stand around talking forever about what they're gonna do before they do it. Other than that, I liked it.
Yeah, I found the Autobots to be irredeemably boring in this series. My favorite moment of idiocy EVER on their part came late in Energon when Prime and Wing Saber (I think) are standing outside in a toxic gas cloud. There's a door they could run through, but they're too fearful that whatever's on the other side of the door could be worse than the fatal gas that's already killing them slowly. But once the cloud clears up, THEN they decide it's okay to go through the door. I've never seen such stupidity at work. Glad that you liked it. I myself did find the show was generally good up until the halfway point. Then it became pretty hit-or-miss for me.

Oh, and Misha looks better in black. ;)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And what was that Mortal Kombat episode all about? Like they were in some arena and various Autobots were being pitted against various Decepticons? I did like the part of that where Shockblast and Sixshot just stood there and each just very calmly blasted an Autobot. Like the didn't even move, they just flicked their ears and fired. Seriously, Shockblast was one of the best parts of Energon.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:And what was that Mortal Kombat episode all about? Like they were in some arena and various Autobots were being pitted against various Decepticons? I did like the part of that where Shockblast and Sixshot just stood there and each just very calmly blasted an Autobot. Like the didn't even move, they just flicked their ears and fired. Seriously, Shockblast was one of the best parts of Energon.
For Super Link, that was a special episode to celebrate the 500th episode of Transformers. A lot ended up lost with in the translation, like so many episodes of Energon. Super Link explained that Sixshot had hacked the simulation so that he and Shockblast could easily win their battles.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Shockwave wrote:And what was that Mortal Kombat episode all about? Like they were in some arena and various Autobots were being pitted against various Decepticons? I did like the part of that where Shockblast and Sixshot just stood there and each just very calmly blasted an Autobot. Like the didn't even move, they just flicked their ears and fired. Seriously, Shockblast was one of the best parts of Energon.
For Super Link, that was a special episode to celebrate the 500th episode of Transformers. A lot ended up lost with in the translation, like so many episodes of Energon. Super Link explained that Sixshot had hacked the simulation so that he and Shockblast could easily win their battles.
Hey thanks! I didn't know that.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:
Sparky Prime wrote:
Hey thanks! I didn't know that.
That's really one of the best episodes, honestly, as it gets to be all retarded and ridiculously incomprehensible like Energon normally is, but it feels more like it's just rolling with it in that episode, rather than being the result of a slapped-together, rush-dubbed, but still lovable mess. I love crap like Prowl and Downshift trying to combine with both of them in Shirt mode, of the tiny Unicron at the end. It's a delight.

It's about high time I rewatched Energon again, actually.
Mako Crab wrote:Oh, and Misha looks better in black. ;)
Agreed. :D

Why yes, I *do* have a whole folder dedicated to the lovely ladies of Energon, thank you!
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Ooh, tasty!