Unicron Trilogy pack-in comics

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Unicron Trilogy pack-in comics

Post by JediTricks »

They are low-grade pack-in filler with so little interest in maintaining a level of quality that they tri-lingo the word balloons. They are less important to the purchase than the instructions.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The writing suffered for only having 8 pages to work with. But, for a pack-in, it was better than one would expect. The art was standard for the time. Dreamwave did not cheap out on it, despite the fact that they could have.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:They are low-grade pack-in filler with so little interest in maintaining a level of quality that they tri-lingo the word balloons. They are less important to the purchase than the instructions.
The tri-lingual stuff was by Hasbro mandate. It carried over to the packaging as well, which was doubly annoying since it meant tech specs had to go. If nothing else, the pack-in comics gave a little personality to the characters for kids who otherwise would have no clue who these characters were. And as Dom says, at 8 pages there's not much room for anything but basic storytelling.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

andersonh1 wrote:tech specs had to go. kids would have no clue who these characters were.
I don't know what you're talking about. I distinctly remember Hot Shot's inimitable motto:
"Well, let's go!"
Also I believe he had a strength level of "5 and older".
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Gomess wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:tech specs had to go. kids would have no clue who these characters were.
I don't know what you're talking about. I distinctly remember Hot Shot's inimitable motto:
"Well, let's go!"
Okay, you got me there. :lol:
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Gomess wrote:
"Well, let's go!"
HAAA! Good one. :lol:
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?