Factions in the Beast era

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Factions in the Beast era

Post by Dominic »

For all of the hype of a new status quo at the end of "52", it looks like DC brought back the multiverse, (after a 20+ year absence), simply for the over-hyped noise-fest that was "Countdown". What is more, DC is now ignoring "Countdown". (When I post my comic reviews next week, there will be some examples of this.)

The "Countdown" teaster image promised more definitive plots than were actually delivered. In many cases, the plots and characters just reverted (for no reason other than "they had to") to the pre-"Countdown" status quo. Avoiding the mistakes of "Countdown" should be easy for any half-way intelligent person. I would not worry too much about it. (If you have a basic plan when you sit down to write something, and you can have one page logically follow from the next, you are doing better than Dini and co.)

Dom
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:What is more, DC is now ignoring "Countdown". (When I post my comic reviews next week, there will be some examples of this.)
Don't read Robin I take it? Issue 177 (which came out this week) shows a Red Robin attacking Jason Todd who references his brief time as Red Robin in Countdown.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I dropped DC like a hot poo-covered potato after they brought back Barry Allen.

This would not be the first time they used cosmic do-wankery to "fix" a problem they could have avoided in "Batman". (Why did they even bring back Jason Todd?)

"Superman Beyond" has some other problems that I will list later.

So, anyone wonder why there is no "Retcon" faction? Vector Prime, Heinrad, Time Warrior, Meantime......

Dom
-wants a "DC" cross-over with a guy who turns into Rip Hunter's time-sphere. Oh, wait, wrong thread.....
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:So, anyone wonder why there is no "Retcon" faction? Vector Prime, Heinrad, Time Warrior, Meantime......
There was, in our MTMTE! Or there was going to be. The Retcons were a band of ridiculous comical space pirates and they were made up of the non-show TM2s. Ramulus and Scarem and that. And it was hilarious. Or it was going to be.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.