David Willis writes about BW

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
andersonh1

Re: David Willis writes about BW

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote:I don't remember the Darksyde (or what ever you want to call it) ever being called an experimental ship. The only background I recall/find on that ship is simply that it was stolen by Megatron.

Ravage's ship the Tripredacus Council refers to as a "secretly developed Transwarp cruiser". I can see that as possibly being an experimental ship given that context, but the impression I get is that they just don't want the Maximals to know about it.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of, Ravage's secret cruiser. That cloaks only because Ravage can cloak, so it seems almost as though the ship was built specifically for him.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And in hindsight, I think Megatron actually reached his intended destination in terms of both time and place all along. It's the Maximals that were following him not knowing where "or when" they were chasing him to.

Anyway, getting this thread back on topic (sort of), was I the only one to get my mind raped by Willis via the SG Ravage strip in the latest Club magazine?

Shockwave
-May adopt it as my sig just to share the pain.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Are there scans of that SG Ravage strip yet? I kinda want to read it, if only to have more reasons to trash-talk Willis. Is it that bad?

Trekkie, if you just scan it and PM it to me, I promise not to tell Hasbro. Or Walky.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sigged so that you (and everyone else on here) can hate Walky as much as I do now.

EDIT: Deleted from sig and put singularly into this post (y'all don't need to see SG Ravage on every page of the forums :roll: )

Shockwave
-Enjoy.
Last edited by Shockwave on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

You forgot to scan the part with the joke.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

But the joke is that Ravage is waving! See, cause the regular one's so stealthy, and this one waves! It's hilarious!

Motherfucker runs a semi-joke right into the god damn ground, doesn't he?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I'd have to say he's run this SG Ravage thing into the ground as well... Ok, he's the mirror of Ravage who likes to talk and wave, we get it. Really don't see that it merits getting its own strip or the amount of attention he's given it.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hey guys, I've created this character, it's Shattered Glass Silverbolt, and what it is, he doesn't like to be on the ground! OMG hilarious!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

He is also riffing on teh internetz. Oh Willis is so whimsical. There is also the fact that SG Ravage is every bit as obnoxious as Willis himself. See him? He is online! He is an insufferable twit!

Joking aside, everyone realizes how much attention (what he wants) we are giving him, right?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

To be fair, I have to think this is partially a subsection of the fandom's fault. I mean, there's a demographic there and Willis is obviously pandering to it. I assume that it was TFCC that came to him and said, "Hey, we like this because we're easily entertained, do shitloads of it."
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.