Beast Wars - The Ascending trade paperback

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Wars - The Ascending trade paperback

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:
Sparky Prime wrote:
-will BW every be good again?
When did it stop being good?
That's what I was wondering.
Dom's suffering from fandom burnout with BW. Apparently the incident with Synjo somehow ruined it for him. Well, that and the fact that Walky swayed votes for Dinobot getting the Hall of Fame I think it caved it for him. I still like BW for my own reasons and no one will ever ruin it for me. I told Dom this approach, but it's easier said than done sometimes.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Dominic wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I think BWII assumed that Earth was abandoned. Humanity had simply moved on.
The cartoon never covered what happened to Earth. The series never even called the planet Earth, it was always referred to as "Gaea". It was only confirmed in LioConvoy's Robot Master's bio to be Earth.
To be fair, Gaea in BWII matches some notes Bob or Larry wrote in some older ATT post or other about what Earth is like in the current-day BW climate.
-will BW every be good again?
When did it stop being good?
When fanfic writers started doing official material.

Nowhere has this been worse than BW.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Beast Wars stopped being good when the show ended. ;)

*edit*

The thing I don't like about BW2's setup is that the Earth is abandoned. It's all just Preds and Maxis running around. No humans. I like the idea of the descendants of the bots and cons coming back and having to deal with the consequences of the Great War, and finding that their once great ally, humanity, now resents them and wants them gone. Stuff like that. I want it to have more meaning than just robots blasting each other all day.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think there was some information about Artemis and Moon that said they were "left behind" by the original inhabitants. Do not quote me on this though.

Either way, the last few years have proven that "trukk not munky" is not just for toy-hacks and GeeWunners.

Dom
-has had BW retroactively ruined.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Dominic wrote:I think there was some information about Artemis and Moon that said they were "left behind" by the original inhabitants. Do not quote me on this though.
Dom
-has had BW retroactively ruined.
If it's that vague, then it sounds like it was quickly glossed over and forgotten in the show.

And don't let all this new garbage coming out discourage you. Just forget it, and stick with the bits you like. That's what I do. I'll never bother with a convention comic about BW or BM and I'll never touch another BW comic book. The cartoon is more than enough for me.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

My problem is that...well, after almost fifteen years, the cartoon *isn't* enough for me. It was decent in the day. Hey, it was about as good as Digimon, which I was only watching because it was an imitation of Pokemon. But it's not the Holy Mecca of Transformers, man.

That, and 86 and I probably spent way too much of our youth writing fanfic set during the Pax Cybertronia...because it was a more interesting time than any other TF continuity. A time of peace! Revolution! Changes! Colonization! The story possibilities were 'endless,' and we damned well used them a lot. I remember him writing something about a guy named Skyfire and it was all film noirish. Solving the murder of two other guys who I think were TMIIs. I don't even remember if there was a particular Skyfire in mind.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am inspired. Okay, if I can get a cheap TFU Cheetor, expect a beast era custom.

Dom
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I have one I'd be willing to part with.