Vintage Beast Wars figures rereleased

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Vintage Beast Wars figures rereleased

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro has revealed they will be releasing a wave of vintage Beast Wars figures. Shown are the original Ultra class Optimus Primal and Megatron (reclassified as Leader class at the $39.99 price point), as well as Deluxe Cheetor and Basic Rattrap (both labeled as Deluxe figures at $19.99). Apparently these figures will be coming in packaging similar to their original packaging as well.

Kinda nice to see some of these molds getting rereleased again after all these years. I think the last we saw them was the Universe repaint of Optimus, T-Wrecks in the Beast Machines Dinobots subline, 10th Anniversary Cheetor, and Rattrap... I don't think they've done a release of this mold since the original.
andersonh1

Re: Vintage Beast Wars figures rereleased

Post by andersonh1 »

Interesting that they're re-releasing them so soon after the Kingdom remakes of some of them. But I'm glad to see Beast Wars getting some attention, either way.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

andersonh1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:37 pm Interesting that they're re-releasing them so soon after the Kingdom remakes of some of them.
I guess so that you can compare them side by side and exclaim, "Wow, we sure have gotten better at this in 25 years."
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I find it interesting that they're going with the rock bubbles. I'm disappointed that they're going to be Walmart exclusives though, Hasbro really needs to quit doing that. Target exclusives I don't mind so much, only because I actually do manage to find them, but Walmart is almost impossible. Of all the Netflix exclusives I only ever found Elita-1. I did find the Siege ones, but never bothered with them because I liked the regular versions better, as I suspect was the case for most people.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:17 am I find it interesting that they're going with the rock bubbles. I'm disappointed that they're going to be Walmart exclusives though, Hasbro really needs to quit doing that. Target exclusives I don't mind so much, only because I actually do manage to find them, but Walmart is almost impossible. Of all the Netflix exclusives I only ever found Elita-1. I did find the Siege ones, but never bothered with them because I liked the regular versions better, as I suspect was the case for most people.
Walmart exclusives are a pain. I only found the ones I wanted because I sometimes go grocery shopping right next to a Walmart, so I would check weekly. I'm glad I'm not interested in any of these.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou