Beast Wars figures custom work

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Wars figures custom work

Post by 138 Scourge »

Looks good there, Sparky.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

138 Scourge wrote:Looks good there, Sparky.
Thanks! Much appreciated!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I think I mentioned this a while back, but a couple years ago I noticed some yellowing with the white plastic on my Tigerhawk figure. Thankfully I thought where those spots had shown up was manageable to deal with. I'd decided I wanted to paint it mainly to cover up most of those spots but also to make a few of the Transmetal details pop.

Robot Mode:

Beast Mode (mis-transformed slightly to have his head looking forward instead of down):
My camera decided to auto-brighten these so they turned out a little washed out.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Point of information (for the benefit of people who have forgotten):

Hasbro was exceptionally bad about painting Transmetal II figures. Much of the work Sparky did is easy to miss because it looks like the sort of thing that Hasbro would/should have done. (The fact that Sparky did it well makes it even easier to miss, which is actually the goal of customizing. So, kudos.)
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Point of information (for the benefit of people who have forgotten):

Hasbro was exceptionally bad about painting Transmetal II figures. Much of the work Sparky did is easy to missed because it looks like the sort of thing that Hasbro would/should have done. (The fact that Sparky did it well makes it even easier to miss, which is actually the goal of customizing. So, kudos.)
Yeah, there are some pretty nice details they put into the Transmetal 2 figures, it's a shame so much of those details were left unpainted and so just blend in. A lot of the movie figures I think suffer from the same thing. Anyway, thanks for the compliment!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Nice work there, the silver really adds a lot and brings out the detail. Seconding what Dom said about it looking factory good.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:Nice work there, the silver really adds a lot and brings out the detail. Seconding what Dom said about it looking factory good.
Thanks!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

After I noticed the red vacuum metallized parts on my Transmetal Rattrap was flaking off, I found a metallic red paint I thought was a decent enough replacement. So this isn't so much a customization as it is a repair job...

Unfortunately, the other day I noticed my Rampage figure is starting to suffer from the same problem, so that may be the next project I take on. Although with him, there are a few other things I'd like to paint to make him more show accurate.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That looks great! I've been looking for a decent metal looking paint for a long time. What paint did you use?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:That looks great! I've been looking for a decent metal looking paint for a long time. What paint did you use?
Thanks! Let me find the bottle... It's Testors enanmel model paint - 1152 Metallic Red.