Shout is releasing BeastMachines complete series on Sept 2nd

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shout is releasing BeastMachines the complete series in Sept 2nd. Two seasons in one complete DVD cartoon series. price is $29.93
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... vd-180207/

I don't have this,So I'll be buying it.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andersonh1

Re: Shout is releasing BeastMachines the complete series in

Post by andersonh1 »

I'm glad to see it getting a release, but I already have the Rhino release, so I won't need this version. I wonder if they'll keep the extras from Rhino, like the commentaries on some of the eps? Probably not, I'd imagine.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Maybe they'll have new ones.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Maybe so. And I hope there's been some reevaluation of the series over the years, because despite some repeated narrative devices (let's split up into three teams and run around fighting the same bad guys to kill time), the series is pretty well written. I like the first season better than the second, in which half the episodes could be cut because they're just filler, and in which Blackarachnia becomes a useless character after her arc of saving Silverbolt is concluded. But overall, I've become a fan of Beast Machines over the years, and I hope some people get to see it for the first time and enjoy it once it's available on DVD again.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Just a quick reminder to everyone. In a few days Shout will release Beast Machines the complete series on DVD.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Shout is releasing BeastMachines complete series on Sept

Post by Tigermegatron »

I bought the Shout BM Complete series of 26 episodes today at a local Target store. It cost $19.99, which was a great deal, as it's under $1 for each episode.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Tigermegatron wrote:I bought the Shout BM Complete series of 26 episodes today at a local Target store. It cost $19.99, which was a great deal, as it's under $1 for each episode.
Have you ever seen the series before? You'll have to give us your thoughts as you watch it.

Say what you will about how the characters were treated, but that show kept me engaged week after week when it was first aired. I still enjoy it. I'm probably in the minority in preferring the first season to the second though.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:I bought the Shout BM Complete series of 26 episodes today at a local Target store. It cost $19.99, which was a great deal, as it's under $1 for each episode.
Have you ever seen the series before? You'll have to give us your thoughts as you watch it.

Say what you will about how the characters were treated, but that show kept me engaged week after week when it was first aired. I still enjoy it. I'm probably in the minority in preferring the first season to the second though.
Yes, I saw the BM series when it first aired a decade and a half ago.

I like the second season better than the first. As the second season had more violence and was quicker paced.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

It is, but it also had a lot of filler scenes and a few filler episodes, whereas just about everything in the first season was important to the overall plot. And I found the mystery of what had happened to Rhinox and Silverbolt a lot more engaging than who Noble was or anything to do with Botanica. I do really like Obsidian and Strika though. Why they haven't turned up yet in one of IDW's comics is beyond me.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

andersonh1 wrote:I do really like Obsidian and Strika though. Why they haven't turned up yet in one of IDW's comics is beyond me.
Because Hasbro hasn't made new toys of them.