Anyone want to see return of full blown BeastBots toy line?

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Anyone want to see return of full blown BeastBots toy line?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Anyone want to see return of a full blown Beast-Bots toy line? Just imagine the awesomeness the bigger toy sizes like 8 inch Ultra,Leader,Supreme & Titan can deliver.

I was hoping when BH ended,The Sequel to BH would be there alternative universe of Beast Wars.

I'd like It to return,but instead of organic beast modes that turn into metal robots. I'd rather see something like Mechanical animals that transform into metal robots,Like G-1 & AEC had.

I'd even welcome the return of the Transmetal I toy concept minus the organic robot modes. I'd love to see Leader,8 inch,Supreme,tian tripple changers,That can transform from robot to vehicle to animal modes.

Imagine getting a Optimus Prime that can transform from a peterbilt truck then into a robot then into a huge leader size lion toy. Imagine a megatron that can transform from a robot then into a Jet or tank then into a tiger leader sized mode.

Imagine getting a BW II Movie toy for the main villian leader Majin Zarak in the Supreme size class. That is a aircraft carrier that can transform into a beast mode & then a robot mode. This can even get retooled later on in 1986 Trypticon.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Anyone want to see return of full blown BeastBots toy li

Post by Sparky Prime »

I'd like to see a return to a focus on Beasts. We've had so many vehicle based lines constantly re-imagining a G1 type storyline, it'd be a nice change of pace to see the beasts in the spotlight once again with a more original storyline.
Tigermegatron wrote:I'd even welcome the return of the Transmetal I toy concept minus the organic robot modes.
It's not really a Transmetal if there isn't any organic parts to the robot mode...
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Full blown all-beasts all the time? I dunno. But I wouldn't be against another type of thing like they had going with "Cybertron", where there were several different aesthetics going on at once. I guess Prime had something like this going for a minute, but it didn't seem like the execution was quite as good as the Beast line had going. Or maybe I was just less selective then?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

138 Scourge wrote:Full blown all-beasts all the time? I dunno. But I wouldn't be against another type of thing like they had going with "Cybertron", where there were several different aesthetics going on at once. I guess Prime had something like this going for a minute, but it didn't seem like the execution was quite as good as the Beast line had going. Or maybe I was just less selective then?
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want a beast only line, but I'm always for some beast-bots as part of a line. Cybertron did that far better than Prime has, in my opinion, but it was still nice to see some beasts on the show and in the toyline.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:Full blown all-beasts all the time? I dunno. But I wouldn't be against another type of thing like they had going with "Cybertron", where there were several different aesthetics going on at once. I guess Prime had something like this going for a minute, but it didn't seem like the execution was quite as good as the Beast line had going. Or maybe I was just less selective then?
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want a beast only line, but I'm always for some beast-bots as part of a line. Cybertron did that far better than Prime has, in my opinion, but it was still nice to see some beasts on the show and in the toyline.
Well,I just figured it couldn't hurt for the average 18 month period. Having a ALL beast/bots full blown toy line with a cartoon series couldn't hurt anything. Were still going to get vehicle bots in the 2014 TF4 Movie & 30th toy lines. the first quarter of 2015 is bound to be full of last line waves of TF4 & 30th repaints.

About the only thing a all Beast/bots line will effect is the 2015 TF toy line in the 2nd,3rd & 4th quarters.

I'm willing to bet they'll be plenty of new molds generations TF toys in 2015's ist,2nd,3rd & 4th quarters. So 2015 won't just be full of beast/bots & thats it.

I just figured having a full blown beast/bots toy line with a cartoon series in Fall 2014. Would be a awesome chance to get so many homage new toys made of those 1980's G-1 beast/bots & BW-BM Beast/bots. Best of all we can get stuff done in the bigger sizes like voyager,ultra,super/leader & supreme sizes.

FWIW,Takara's 30th anniversary is in 2015. So I'd imagine takara would want newer molds made in 2015 to help them properly celebrate there 30th anniversary in 2015. This is probably why MP Starsabre's toy will get a 2015 release.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yeah, that's my take, it isn't something I want to return to full-time, especially with the current design crew being so lackluster with beast figures, but there is room for some level of that execution... moreso than household goods, which also used to be a mainstay of this brand.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:
Yeah, that's my take, it isn't something I want to return to full-time, especially with the current design crew being so lackluster with beast figures, but there is room for some level of that execution... moreso than household goods, which also used to be a mainstay of this brand.
Hasbro usually runs Three,sometimes more TF toy lines in any given year. So I don't see the harm in the 2014-2015 TF fall cartoon with the accompanying toy line being all beast-bots.

The 2014 TF toy year already has plenty of vehicle-bots from the 30th Generations,TF4 Movie, MP, Rescue bots,Constructbots & kreo. What the harm in some late Fall 2014 TF toys being all beast-bots in various assortments sizes?

The 2015 TF toy line will most likely be as follows: Generations toys,MP TF toys,Kreo,Constructbots,Rescuebots. So whats the harm in some non-vehicle-bots & getting some variety in the form of a full blown toy line of Beast-bots.