Predacons!

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Predacons!

Post by Onslaught Six »

So now I have my entire collection more or less in the same place. I was shocked at something though: I own about four BW Predacons...and two of them are Megatrons.

So who are the best Predacons to pick up? I already have an almost-complete Rampage, but who else?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: Predacons!

Post by Almighty Unicron »

You can still probably find a Transquito on store shelves.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:So now I have my entire collection more or less in the same place. I was shocked at something though: I own about four BW Predacons...and two of them are Megatrons.

So who are the best Predacons to pick up? I already have an almost-complete Rampage, but who else?
I say get the spiders. Blackarachnia and Tarantulus are still great toys and also make great Halloween decorations. Dunno which Megatrons you have but my faves of those were Transmetal and TM II.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Transmetal Tarantulas is a pretty fun toy. I really liked Transmetal 2 Dinobot as well, even though I with the robot mode hands had a bit more poseability. What else do I have besides show characters... Oh, Snapper, very basic figure, like most of the early basics were, but I love the little guy.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Insecticon's a comparatively recent acquisition for me, and he's a pretty terrific Basic. I maintain that he's wonderfully troop-buildable if you're into that sort of thing. How the hell was that mold never repainted?

Jetstorm's also really cool. Mine broke when I was a kid, and I need to get a new one, but it's a pretty fun toy.

Tripredacus, naturally.

Retrax, just for kicks.

Manterror, even if transforming his legs is completely unintuitive.

Predacons kinda got the short end of the stick on Transmetals. Rampage and Tarantulas are great, but Megatron's infamously fragile (go for the GPS-less Metals version), and Waspinator and Terrorsaur are just kinda okay.

Quickstrike is a great little mold. Skyshadow's also cool, as Fuzors go, and he has a terrific bio note.

TMIIs also went by without too many good Predacons (seems like all the cool toys from that line were Maximals), but Dinobot II is good if you can find one with tight joints (I think it depends on if you get the cream or white variant, can't remember which). And of course TMII Megatron is great.

That's all I can think of right now.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:So now I have my entire collection more or less in the same place. I was shocked at something though: I own about four BW Predacons...and two of them are Megatrons.

My short list favorite BW Predacons are as follows:
1996 Ultra sized Megatron,try to get the 10th anniversary repaint with a newer head sculpt.
1998 TM1 Mega sized Megatron,Don't bother with the hasbro version,Get the Takara metals version.
1998 TM1 Rampage.
1997 Voyager sized Tripredacus.
1999 TM2 Blackarachnia mega sized
Beast wars II Ultra sized sized Galvatron
Beast Wars Neo Ultra Sized Magmatron
BW 10th Anniversary new mold Deluxe Megatron
1998 TM1 Scavenger mega sized