Giant Size Transformers '84

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Giant Size Transformers '84

Post by Dominic »

Giant Size Transformers '84:

This is a ~100 page one-shot reprinting the "Transformers" #1 (Marvel), "Man of Iron" (one of the more reprinted comics from the original US/UK run) and "Transformers '84" #0.

The coloring in "Man of Iron" depicts Thundercracker as the one that kills the Guardian. (The dialogue implies that it was meant to be Skywarp. But, most color-printed editions color them as Thundercracker or Starscream.)

For the $8 cover price, this is worth buying for "Man of Iron" (2 issues of content), with issue #1 and TF84 #0 being odd curiosities.
andersonh1

Re: Giant Size Transformers '84

Post by andersonh1 »

I've never read Man of Iron. Might have to pick this one up.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:42 am I've never read Man of Iron. Might have to pick this one up.
It's a good story. I have it twice over. It was first reprinted in Collected Comics... 2? 3 maybe? In England, which I have because I lived there at the time and bought it when we lived there. Then I believe it's in the Titan Books compilations, which I also have. It might also be in the IDW UK Classics collection too. If you wanna go back and read some old good TF comics, those would be worth tracking down.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

"Man of Iron" is essential reading, One of the best TF comics ever.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm "Man of Iron" is essential reading, One of the best TF comics ever.
Honestly? One of the best TF stories ever.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou