MP Optimus Prime v3

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

MP Optimus Prime v3

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yet another version of Optimus Prime is in development. According to those in attendance, this version will feature sounds from the show, a "BIG" rifle, is the same scale as v2 and is somewhat more cartoon accurate.

Not really sure why Takara-Tomy is making another version of Optimus when they've already made two versions of him. It made sense for the second version because they'd scaled down the MP line, and I felt they made some pretty big improvements with the second version. But what's the point of a 3rd version? Sure it's more somewhat more cartoon accurate, but personally, I think v2 looks better. And I feel in making multiple versions of the same character, 'Masterpiece' starts to loose its meaning.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: MP Optimus Prime v3

Post by Shockwave »

I totally agree with you, this really feels pointless. And it reminds me of what Prowl was saying a few years back about how we just keep getting retreads of the same characters over and over again. MP felt like the exception to that, but now, with this, I am actually starting to wonder if we'll ever get to some of the other characters that haven't been done yet. Some pretty prominent ones like Trailbreaker, Hound, most of the minibots (Gears, Huffer, Brawn, et al.) that leaves a lot of the 84 Autobots still not done. This is the first MP announcement that actually is somewhat disappointing.