Masterpiece Shockwave and Hot Rod 2.0

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Masterpiece Shockwave and Hot Rod 2.0

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dunno if they're the same set, but:
http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/02/mast ... ook-302239

Holy crap does Shockwave look good. Instant preorder, day one buy. He's going to scale perfectly against my G1 Jetfire (would love a proper Masterpiece-type Veritech with the right colours, but...) and the rest of my crew. I'm happy.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I keep looking at pictures of MP Hot Rod, and I have got to have it. To have a transforming figure that close to the animation model would be awesome. Shockwave looks really good too.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm all in for Shockwave.
andersonh1 wrote:I keep looking at pictures of MP Hot Rod, and I have got to have it. To have a transforming figure that close to the animation model would be awesome. Shockwave looks really good too.
Was there something wrong with MP Rodimus? I'm genuinely asking because I'm unaware of any complaints about that figure, but I seem to recall that it had a "Hot Rod" mode as well.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:Was there something wrong with MP Rodimus? I'm genuinely asking because I'm unaware of any complaints about that figure, but I seem to recall that it had a "Hot Rod" mode as well.
I've seen several people complained MP Rodimus had some fragile parts. Particularly shoulder and knees joints and the panels on the lower legs.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't have MP Rodimus, so I can't comment. Normally, as good as these MP figures look they're out of my price range. But Hot Rod's one of my favorite characters, so this figure is really appealing.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hurry the f up Shockwave so I can get that and my Hot Rod figure I already paid for! :p
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?