Masterpiece Ironhide

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Masterpiece Ironhide

Post by JediTricks »

Look upon these mighty works, ye collectors, and despair, for Hasbro may never bring such beauty to our shores:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/toky ... ore-293880

He has HIS FUCKING BATTLE PLATFORM!!! Liquid nitrogen hose hands!... you know what, just go look at the goddamn pictures.

Also, great news for Ratchet fans.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Masterpiece Ironhide

Post by Sparky Prime »

That is a very impressive looking Ironhide. They really did a great job on that.

And... Masterpiece Beast Wars next year? That'll be awesome! Can't wait to see that Optimus Primal in robot mode.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I agree, that Ironhide looks really good.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I ended up passing on this one when I saw pics from other angles. Then I preordered MP Ratchet like a dope. Now I'm looking at the mixed reviews on Ironhide, seeing in-hand pics, and how bad those hip flaps are, and thinking I should cancel my preorder on Ratchet.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:I ended up passing on this one when I saw pics from other angles. Then I preordered MP Ratchet like a dope. Now I'm looking at the mixed reviews on Ironhide, seeing in-hand pics, and how bad those hip flaps are, and thinking I should cancel my preorder on Ratchet.
Thing that gets me about the in hand pics is the "combat deck" that doesn't transform and doesn't go anywhere in vehicle mode. It's a single molded piece designed to look like the original. I mean, seriously? They couldn't just work that into the vehicle design like the original? WTF?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Thing that gets me about the in hand pics is the "combat deck" that doesn't transform and doesn't go anywhere in vehicle mode. It's a single molded piece designed to look like the original. I mean, seriously? They couldn't just work that into the vehicle design like the original? WTF?
Yeah, the MP mold is SUPER tall, nearly as big as Optimus when that combat deck doesn't end up a part of it, that's weird. They really didn't need to go there, except I guess for people who were never comfortable with that in the first place.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

HLJ got Shockwave in today so I paid for him and shipped him and Hot Rod together. That leaves Ratchet, which I canceled. $70 plus shipping for a figure I'm not that enthused by is just not happening right now, my car had the alternator fail, I'm looking at a huge repair bill, it was easy to send Ratchet off. I just don't like the design at all, he's too tall, he's got 2 rather uninspiring face sculpts, he's very plain, and the chest is all wrong. Also, my original plan was to sell him if I didn't like him, but on ebay the prices for Ratchet are only $90 shipped, which means there's not a lot of demand.