Thundercracker is the best-looking seeker

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Thundercracker is the best-looking seeker

Post by JediTricks »

There, I said it. Thundercracker's deco looks the best of any seeker, it just does. It's not that the other original seekers are bad, except for Dirge who has it pretty rough, but every time I see a Thundercracker figure I think "that looks really good" and now that I look around my collection I see that I've bought more TCs than any other seeker except possibly Starscream and that's for character reasons. But TC's colorscheme looks so much better than the others to me, so much more complete and rounded and balanced.

So there.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Thundercracker is the best-looking seeker

Post by BWprowl »

I agree. The bright pink and green might clash more on their own, but the blue and purple help balance between them and bring them together, creating a veritable gradient across the various parts of the design. Then you add in the bronze/gold-ish helmet for a splash of a highlight, and the whole thing just *pops*! I don't know why they don't try more daring, yet successful decos like that on other toys.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Nah, it's Skywarp. Black and purple can't be beat!! :)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Prowl, that was hilarious.

JT, joking aside, I agree. the dark blue alone makes Thundercracker the best looking of the original jets.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:I agree. The bright pink and green might clash more on their own, but the blue and purple help balance between them and bring them together, creating a veritable gradient across the various parts of the design. Then you add in the bronze/gold-ish helmet for a splash of a highlight, and the whole thing just *pops*! I don't know why they don't try more daring, yet successful decos like that on other toys.
So much this! :lol:
andersonh1 wrote:Nah, it's Skywarp. Black and purple can't be beat!! :)
This too and the silver really makes it pop too. Actually, the silver is the one thing I like best on TCs deco as well.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

andersonh1 wrote:Nah, it's Skywarp. Black and purple can't be beat!! :)
I agree, Skywarp has always been my favorite deco of the Seekers.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:There, I said it. Thundercracker's deco looks the best of any seeker, it just does. It's not that the other original seekers are bad, except for Dirge who has it pretty rough, but every time I see a Thundercracker figure I think "that looks really good" and now that I look around my collection I see that I've bought more TCs than any other seeker except possibly Starscream and that's for character reasons. But TC's colorscheme looks so much better than the others to me, so much more complete and rounded and balanced.

So there.
Just for you... Leader Class Thundercracker is on the way: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-182265/
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:
JediTricks wrote:There, I said it. Thundercracker's deco looks the best of any seeker, it just does. It's not that the other original seekers are bad, except for Dirge who has it pretty rough, but every time I see a Thundercracker figure I think "that looks really good" and now that I look around my collection I see that I've bought more TCs than any other seeker except possibly Starscream and that's for character reasons. But TC's colorscheme looks so much better than the others to me, so much more complete and rounded and balanced.

So there.
Just for you... Leader Class Thundercracker is on the way: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-182265/
I'm not spending that kind of coin on that mold, it has too many flaws as Jetfire already (which also didn't get my money). But those pics are what inspired this thread, even the Legends figure looks good.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I'm a little confused by your statement that Dirge has it pretty rough. I know I have a lot of love for some out-there color schemes, but Dirge's seems pretty sensible. Lighter blue body, yellow wings, black detailing and whatnot. Nothing too offensive but nothing too boring. Unless you meant like the original figure?

I was looking over my Classics Seeker display trying to nail down which one I thought looked the best and I just don't friggin' know. I case could be made for any of them. So screw it, I'm going with Ramjet. I like the white and grey, with the burgundy wings and the splashes of gold and blue to keep things from getting monochromatic.

Or screw it, AM Thundercracker just for sheer audacity. I would really like to know how the meeting where those colors were picked went.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

138 Scourge wrote:I'm a little confused by your statement that Dirge has it pretty rough. I know I have a lot of love for some out-there color schemes, but Dirge's seems pretty sensible. Lighter blue body, yellow wings, black detailing and whatnot. Nothing too offensive but nothing too boring. Unless you meant like the original figure?
Dirge's colors aren't very well laid out, the balance is off, the yellow of the wings is mustardy and makes the whole outside of the vehicle mode look disconnected from the blue fuselage, his black face is hard to see (something Hasbro actually got right with the Generations figure that Takara didn't, you can't just have a sea of black with eyes, it doesn't look enough like anything), there are ugly red and white stripes running along the upper fuselage, and then he's the only Seeker whose primary colors of blue and black are already taken. Dirge is fuglo, and the only one where the color design feels like a woeful afterthought no matter which iteration.
Or screw it, AM Thundercracker just for sheer audacity. I would really like to know how the meeting where those colors were picked went.
At that time, there was a design philosophy that little kids were attracted to bright colors and little kids were the audience that they had lost. Also, overseas marketing at that time for these types of brands was nill, they just threw whatever they wanted at those markets and didn't care. I have to assume AM TC was a combination of those things. AM TC is so bad that it looks like a test shot from whatever colors were handy, except they also painted gold and dayglo green on this fucking thing so it was on purpose. But you could give fanboys a million years to customize their figures and NO ONE would have ever done this, it is visually a nightmare of nonsensical anti-choices.