MP-25 Tracks

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

MP-25 Tracks

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has the first image of the next Masterpiece figure, still in the grey prototype stage, Tracks. I'm a bit surprised to see Tracks when there are so many other Transformers characters I would have expected before him, but Tracks has always been one of my favorites, so I'm really glad to see a Masterpiece figure of him already. It looks like they eliminated the removable backpack thing the missiles attached to and downsized the missiles, but I think it looks like a great representation of the character thus far. Curious to see if they'll plaint the flame design on the hood or if they'll make it a sticker.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: MP-25 Tracks

Post by 138 Scourge »

Overall I dig it. Not sure if I like the smaller missle launcher things as much, but on the plus side he looks like he should be able to do the flying car mode, so that's pretty keen.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Yeah, that looks pretty good.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tracks would not appreciate the lukewarm reception. ;)

I have always dug Tracks, he's like a a better version of an Omnibot. That said, jeez has his altmode dated badly. If this were real life, a fiberglass Cybertronian would not last long.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

First color image of Tracks in robot mode and what accessories he comes with (Flight stand, Raoul, and Blaster in boombox form) as well as gives us a glimpse at Tracks' flight mode which even has little stabilizer tail wings like the G1 cartoon.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

And he's not number 25.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:And he's not number 25.
Yeah, I saw that at the Australian Toy Fair it's been said he wont be number 25, suggesting another character will be released before him. But then again, several Japanese hobby magazines have already identified him as MP-25. I'd have thought when Takara-Tomy provided those magazines with the images of the prototype, they'd have also provided them with the correct information about the figure to print, like which MP number he'll be... So I dunno, wait and see what Takara-Tomy officially announces themselves I guess.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tracks is up for pre-order through AmiAmi. For those that may gripe about the pricing on recent MPs, I'll point out that they've got him there for 5620 Yen, or about $46 US. There's shipping to think of too, of course, but cheap shipping from AmiAmi'll only run you about $10-15.

If you are wanting to pre-order one, I'd suggest moving fast, these pre-orders typically don't last long.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Anime Export has the preorder for even less, currently $44.80 plus $10 shipping. I got WJ through them, they require payment now via paypal and then they collect the shipping when it arrives in their warehouse, but it's the cheapest way to get the figure, but the preorder is very short-lived:

http://www.anime-export.com/product/24333

I'm very tempted, but I'm likely passing because the painted images are just too much G1 for me, I never liked the white and the orange stuff that much. Also, I don't like this sculpt's shrunken missile launchers. Still, if I had the loose coin right now, I'd have pulled that trigger.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Changed my mind and pulled the trigger with Anime Export. AmiAmi isn't a bad price, but the few bucks more and few bucks more shipping make a difference, and $44 now locks in the exchange rate.