Ur thoughts on upcoming Takara MP-20,MP-21,MP-22,MP-23,MP-24

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Ur thoughts on upcoming Takara MP-20,MP-21,MP-22,MP-23,MP-24

Post by Tigermegatron »

Do you plan on buying any upcoming Takara MP-20 Wheeljack,MP-21 Bumblebee, MP-22 Ultra Magnus,MP-23 Exhaust-Wheeljack retooled repaint, MP-24 Star saber. Or do you plan to buy the USA Hasbro MP versions of these.

Do you buy Master Piece TF toys.

I'm overly excited that Takara is making bigger sized MP TF toys again like Ultra Magnus and Star Saber. For a while I was getting worried that the MP Voyager cars-bots would now be the focus of this line.

Hoping that Takara creates a Leader sized MP Victory Leo lion-bot that can combine with MP Star Saber to form Victory Saber.

At first I didn't like the Voyager sized Cars-Bots, But I eventually started to like them.

Still don't like MP-21 Bumblebee as it's either a Deluxe or smaller sized toy. I'm quite content with having ROTF HA $29.99 as my perfect Bumblebee toy.

I think the chances of a MP Galvatron toy release now increases of getting made. Since MP Ultra Magnus & MP Rodimus are rivals for the character.

Love to see 1986 Cyclonus & 1986 Scourge get the MP TF toy treatment. My ideal toy scale for MP Cyclonus & MP Scourge would be MP Seeker size in both modes.

I don't want to see Takara create any MP TF combiners nor MP TF City bots, As I think the Generations toy line is perfect for these toys. As the Generations toy line offers cheaper prices.

Tripple changers like AstroTrain and Blitzwing, I think would make fine MP TF toys if done in the Leader toy size. Think their great candidates as they have Two realistic alt modes.

Think some Takara TF Japanese exclusive G-1 toy/media characters like Masterforce Overlord would make awesome MP TF toys.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Ur thoughts on upcoming Takara MP-20,MP-21,MP-22,MP-23,M

Post by JediTricks »

MP-20 is winging its way from Japan to me right now, I bought it early from Anime Export to save money and it shipped today.

I passed on BB, and intend to pass on UM and Exhaust.

I don't care at all about Star Saber, and I highly doubt there will be a US version of him.

As for US versions of Bumblebee, I could see buying that even at the inflated price Hasbro and TRU are asking but I'm not entirely sold, I'm going to wait for reviews first. Ultra Magnus, I don't think I want at any price, I just don't care that much about the character, and that trailer doesn't look like anything other than an update to the G1 which doesn't work for me. Exhaust I doubt I'd ever have interest in, Marlboor never impressed me much to begin with.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Has anybody else heard the reports about TFsource customizing the Exhaust figures that they were selling as legitimate?

Apparently, TFSource was trying to appease Philip-Morris by changing painted details on the figure. Of course, this means that they effectively customized expensive/imported toys that they were selling as legitimate items.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The only MPs I have preordered are the upcoming reissue of MP-10 (which means you'll all finally be able to hear me shut up about it) and the MP Blue Bluestreak.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:Has anybody else heard the reports about TFsource customizing the Exhaust figures that they were selling as legitimate?

Apparently, TFSource was trying to appease Philip-Morris by changing painted details on the figure. Of course, this means that they effectively customized expensive/imported toys that they were selling as legitimate items.
This is apparently legit, and a shitty thing to do.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

It's an odd thing to do, but they will buy it back from you if you don't like it, so that's a thing.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

TFsource should not have done that to begin with. That is arguably something that could be taken as mail fraud. They are legally obligated to give refunds on a product that they altered without notice.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Is it really without notice though? Does it say that it's modified on their website? Because if it does, then the buyer knows what they are getting and that counts as notice and there's nothing underhanded about it. If not, then yeah, that's wrong.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This is no different from the orange plugs glued into Megatrons, it's not fraud, especially when their description said ("said" because they've taken the listing down, but the text is still in the metadata)...

Note: Pictures are photographs of a prototype - final product may vary.

Not that they needed indemnification, but that clearly indemnified them against this, and the fact that they'll buy it back if you don't like it puts them squarely in the clear. Also it looks fine, who even cares that they had to slightly alter the paint to comply with federal law? It never said "Marlboro" on it the way the original Lancia Stratos 598 car did, so it was already different. Those who really want it looking accurate will either paint it themselves or buy a reprolabel set to fix it back up.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Disclaimers like "Note: Pictures are photographs of a prototype - final product may vary." typically cover changes made by the producer of the toy, not a change made by the seller.

Also it looks fine, who even cares that they had to slightly alter the paint to comply with federal law?
Because if somebody pays Masterpiece prices for a toy they probably want to legitimate, factory painted, toy rather than an unlabeled custom.

It is not like the factory figures had Marlborough indicia on them. How many other sellers have had the Feds or Philop Morris lawyers cracking down on them?

The real issue is that TFsource did not state they were changing the figures until after they shipped.

The stupid orange caps on the Megatron figures were (if I recall) advertised in the solicitations. This was a change that TFsource decided to make to the figures, without notice, after selling them.

TFsource was trying to sell their "custom" figures as legitimate.