No Blurr, who else was left out of Alternators?

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
andersonh1

Re: No Blurr Alt, who else was left out?

Post by andersonh1 »

Another thought: where's the blue Rumble recolor as Frenzy? Seems like a no-brainer to me, and Rumble is recent enough that the car license should still be good. Make it a TRU or Target exclusive. I'd be buying it.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I was hopeful that would be the SDCC exclusive this year.

But nooooo, Nemesis Priiiiime. *mutters*
Superquad7
Protoform

Post by Superquad7 »

For starters, I want the Cadillac XLR as Megatron as Hasbro said at Botcon was being planned at one point.

Beyond that, there are many characters I would have liked to seen produced. Many of you guys know that I make Alternators customs, so I'm pretty much making the ones I wanted to see to begin with :)

(btw, 1st post here!)
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Welcome, Superquadddd.... Yeah, new guys!!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

A few I'd like to see: Brawn, Ironhide (not as a pickup either, what were they thinking?), Trailbreaker, Cliffjumper (that'd be a wild Alt), Megs, and Soundwave if they can make him not suck.
onslaught86 wrote:I do agree that we needed larger scale movie cars done along the lines of Alts to truly make the most of the designs and license, but that's another tangent..
I think the problem is that the movie designs are set in stone already, can't do alternators-styled designs with them because their parts are already preexisting.
Decepticon Spike wrote:What about Broadcast? He was released as a Binaltech in Japan.
Same as the alts, but better quality.
A silver repaint of Skids does not a Blaster make. The tail end of BT (and this is a BTa fig you're talking about) is full of crapass repaints they threw names on without thought, it's pretty stupid and doesn't count in my book.

Superquad7 wrote:For starters, I want the Cadillac XLR as Megatron as Hasbro said at Botcon was being planned at one point.

Beyond that, there are many characters I would have liked to seen produced. Many of you guys know that I make Alternators customs, so I'm pretty much making the ones I wanted to see to begin with :)

(btw, 1st post here!)
Welcome aboard!

Right on about Megs, they should have done something with that, it's the right car for the character all wide and low and angular, it looks evil. And Megs is a must.

Alternators customs, huh? Got links to your work?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

IMO, it's better quality than the tail end of Alt. line in the states, except for Ravage, the best Alt. ever!
Just my opinion.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Decepticon Spike wrote:IMO, it's better quality than the tail end of Alt. line in the states, except for Ravage, the best Alt. ever!
Just my opinion.
Ravage 2, really? I've only played with it once, but it seemed to have been formed from the very essence of bad ideas and poor execution. And the tail end of Alternators has Mirage, which kicks ass.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

I just can't win.....
I think Ravage 2 is the best for personal reasons. It's a long story but if you really wanna know, I can share.
I passed on Alt. Mirage when I saw him.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Superquad7 wrote:(btw, 1st post here!)

Glad to have you.
JediTricks wrote:Ravage 2, really? I've only played with it once, but it seemed to have been formed from the very essence of bad ideas and poor execution.
I think he's generally well executed. My only real complaint is that the cat "belly" doesn't peg on anywhere, which it needs to do. Other than that, it's great to have such a departure from the normal Alternator figure. It generally looks like the original Ravage (as opposed to Battle Ravage, which doesn't), goes from Jaguar (auto) to Jaguar (cat alt mode) in a nice touch, and has decent articulation, if not as much as I'd like. Ravage's hip missiles are present and accounted for. What's not to like? :)

And speaking of potential repaints, give us a new head for the cat, and some new missiles, and we could have Alternator Steeljaw here. Not that I think we'll see any more Alternators, but still... I'd be surprised if there isn't a custom of this somewhere.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Another thing I love to no end about kitty-Ravage....those hip-missles can be deployed in auto mode. That's just awesome.

Besides, that Jag's a real pretty car. Not as much as the GT, but real pretty.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.